Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

The City of York

Hello! 

I wanted to make a post about the beautiful city that is York. I went to the University of York and loved it, I have now moved back home with my family down South. Having lived in York for 3 years I thought I'd share some of my pictures over those years!

I'm missing Uni a lot at the moment and going through all the photos and videos I have from York today was hilarious. I won't be posting any pictures with friends in them as I don't know how they would feel about being featured in a public blog post, but I hope you enjoy!

University pictures:
The first of these two was taken on just down the road from the University of York on the way to my old student house and the second was taken on the University of York Campus on my phone.

Walking the City Walls:
I definitely recommend walking the city walls if you do visit York, I didn't end up doing it until after I finished my final year at Uni as I was always so busy with essays etc up until then. We ended up getting such amazing weather that day too so the pictures came out quite well! These pictures were taken using my DSLR camera which is a Nikon D3100.

 York Minster:
 These pictures were also taken on my DSLR camera inside the Minster. It was incredible inside there, I will never forget it. I wasn't too happy with how my pictures came out that day, all at jaunty angles but I don't think a picture can do this place justice anyway. Entry into the Minster is quite expensive (around £10 each) but this money goes towards supporting the future of the building and it is worth doing if you visit York. Luckily we managed to get in for free as we were York residents but equally if you aren't willing to pay this much the outside of the building is pretty incredible too and worth a look.

York Races:
 I went to York Races with some of my housemates and it was such a good day. We all got glammed up, drank Pimms and placed bets. Some of us won and made a bit of money, unfortunately I won nothing and went home worse off. I didn't mind though as it was fun anyway, it was hilarious watching people going crazy watching their horse lose or win.

Bettys Tea Rooms:
If you're ever in York (or Harrogate) and you haven't been before, I hugely recommend that you visit a Bettys Tea Room. They are traditional tea rooms that offer beautiful cakes and drinks presented beautifully on trolleys by waitresses and waiters dressed in traditional clothing. I have a lot of lovely memories of visiting Bettys with my boyfriend, we particularly enjoyed Bettys Afternoon Tea! They're also open until 9pm, we visited once in the evening and they had a pianist playing which made it even more special. This picture was taken one Easter with all their special Easter eggs!

ASK York:
A bit random I know, but the ASK Italian in York used to be the York Assembly Rooms so it is set in a grand building. If you're planning a trip to York and you're looking for places to eat out, this one is worth a visit!

I can't recommend York enough if you have ever considered visiting, or even if you haven't. It has a lot to offer all different types of people, there is still so much of York I didn't get pictures of or didn't manage to visit but I hold very fond memories of the city.

Have you ever visited York? Do you have any recommendations of places to visit in York?

Thanks for reading!

Rosie xx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!!! I miss York so so so so much ans this has reminded me even more how much I miss it! I miss how pretty everything looked and how everything was a constant laugh. Lovely post :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really miss it too, so beautiful! Thanks again :-D xxxxx

      Delete