Pages

Sunday 20 September 2015

Autumn Wardrobe Haul

Hello!

I'm back after months of no blogging. I prefer to write a blog post when I have something I'd like to blog about, as it hopefully makes for a more interesting read! 

Autumn is nearly upon us and as I have made clear in previous posts- I LOVE AUTUMN/WINTER! It's my favourite time of year and I love all autumnal clothes and colours. I went shopping with a good friend from University yesterday in Norwich. The shopping in Norwich is considerably better than at my home town so I bought a lot more than I would usually! The shops had such a good range of autumnal clothes and colours, I could have bought a lot more than I did if my bank account and self restraint would allow.

My favourite kind of blog post/ youtube video is a clothing haul, showing examples of what is available in the shops at the moment. Having bought a few autumnal things yesterday and having recently purchased a few items online with autumn in mind recently, I thought I'd collect them all together for a haul post. My clothing taste isn't that outrageous and a lot of what I bought I did so with the mindset of wearing it for work, so it's all fairly basic. I have tried to add links to the description below each item in case anyone is interested. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Primark links but I have seen these items in multiple Primark stores.

I hope you enjoy!

Primark

The work shirt
Primark- Size 6, Wine, £10.00
This was one of the first things I purchased yesterday with work in mind. I had tried on the same shirt in my local Primark in black and loved it but never purchased it as I tend to wear black trousers at work. I tend to wear a lot of black and could easily end up just wearing entirely black outfits every day, convincing myself I still work at Debenhams. Luckily they had other colour options in Norwich. As you can see from the label it comes with a removable neck tie, they also have a white version with a little black tie.

The boxy work top
Primark, Size 8, Wine, £10.00
This one I'm not too sure about just yet, I didn't try it on in store as it was rammed. I LOVE it on the hanger and I did try it on as soon as I got home but I'm not used to the lack of shape in a top. I think I may have to have a good ol' think about it.

The winter boot
Primark- Size 3, Tan, £15.00
I love these boots! I feel like it's so rare that you find boots and like the colour, the heel and the design. I have been buying tonnes of boots online and just sending them all back because the toe is too pointy, they're huge or they are too high/flat. The heel height is perfect for me and I don't own any brown ankle boots like this.

H&M

The basic, staple top
H&M- Size S, Burgundy/ Green, £7.99
I purchased this top in green around a month ago and LOVED it! It's great to just chuck on and accessorise, especially on those days where you aren't feeling a skin- tight top. I knew I wanted to buy the same top and size in another colour, so I opted for this in burgundy.

The relaxed work dress

H&M- Size 8, Petrol, £12.99
This is one of my favourite purchases in this post. I have seen so many people wearing dresses like this so I thought I would try it on. I love the shape of it on, I don't feel like I would have to wear a belt with it as it flows out but not too widely and fits in all the right places. Blimmin' chuffed with this! 

Dorothy Perkins

The smart jacket
Dorothy Perkins Sale- Size 8, Blush, £38.00, £25.65
I got this a little while ago in the Dorothy Perkins sale with work in mind. It's a little too formal for me to be brave enough to crack it out for work just yet, but I have worn it to a wedding reception already and it was just perfect to add a bit of colour to and soften an all black outfit. 

ASOS

The perfect black jeans
ASOS- Size 8, Clean Black, £24.50
I bought these jeans a couple of months ago on ASOS and I love them. I'm always worried when I buy jeans about how they wear and whether or not they'll stretch over time. I have worn and washed these many, many times and they haven't stretched at all. They are called ASOS 'Sculpt me' jeans so I imagine they have a bit more elasticity in them. They have become a little more like washed black denim in places but I don't mind at all. They did also have quite a strong inky smell when I first purchased them but I have always found this to be the case with black jeans and it has worn off over time. They are 'ankle grazers' but awkwardly I'm so short they fit perfectly. If you're looking for a pair of staple black jeans, I recommend!

Shoe Zone

The winter wedge boot


Shoe Zone- Size 3, Black, £16.99
Woohooooooo!! My poor friends and my Mum will know how long I have been searching for a pair of black wedge boots. I have a pair in light brown and I love them, I think they're so comfy but they're limiting as to what you can wear them with. I have tried on so many black wedge boots and not found any I like. I also love boots/ shoes that don't make a sound as you walk, so people don't turn to see where the sassy 'clip-clop' is coming from. These are completely silent! I only popped into Shoe Zone as they had a closing down sale so I thought it would be worth a browse...and it was!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite Autumn/Winter items are!

 Rosie 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment