Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

A little introduction...

Hello!

My name is Rosie, I am a graduate from the UK and this is my blog!

As my 'About Me' section describes, this blog will be a photo diary covering anything that interests me through my Rosie- tinted lens! There isn't a specific focus like beauty or fashion in particular, just a little of everything.

Anyone that knows me would know I always take excessive quantities of photos of EVERYTHING. I really enjoy taking pictures and sharing them and I have done for a long time. Ever since I was little I would take tonnes of pictures and get them developed. I still have drawers filled with all of my old pictures and still make a point of printing my pictures now and ordering them into albums.

I remember a few years ago I read a postcard that had a quote along the lines of-

'Take a picture of your life, remember it well, because you never know when it could change'

Me taking a picture in Las Vegas- 2007

The quote held a great deal of significance for me at the time and I think it has increased the value I place on every picture I have taken and will take. Things can change so much in such a short amount of time so I think it's important to capture every moment you can. I also just really enjoy taking pictures! I don't know a great deal about photography (or blogging) but I wanted a way to focus on what I enjoy and create a sort of archive of these moments and interests.

I've been reading lifestyle, beauty and fashion blogs and watching related videos for around 3-4 years now and my interest in these areas has grown. Not only the content, but the way people present and display the things they enjoy in a creative way is really interesting to me. It's such a personal thing which I think has put me off from starting one of my own for such a long time, even though I have wanted to, because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in what I have to say! I had a little go at blogging for a short while, focusing on lighthearted pictures of my white Labrador, Gemma as she is a cutey and I wasn't really comfortable with the idea of talking about myself.

However, over time I have read more and more blogs, including those of my friends who appear to really enjoy updating their blogs with their own personal touches and interests which I think has inspired and encouraged me to give it a go. I decided a blog would be a great way to collect together things that I am enthusiastic about as my life is currently in the process of changing, having just graduated from University. 


I hope you enjoy my little photo diary and that it might encourage you to give it a go, or to take more pictures of things that are important or interesting to you to look back on in time!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment