Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

REN Sensitive Gift Set- ASOS


Hello!

I have been very excited to create this post ever since I ordered and received this gift set from ASOS. A couple of years ago I purchased either 'In Style' or 'Red' magazine as I saw they had a free sample of REN's Cleansing Milk, Global Protection Day Cream and an Eye Gel. Having read about REN products on blogs and seen them featured in YouTube favourites and recommendations I had been given the impression they were a good skincare brand.

I have always had very dry, sensitive skin since I was little and have to be quite careful what I use on my skin. I had been using a Simple moisturiser for a while as it was the cheapest option and one I knew agreed with my skin and wasn't as greasy as other options.

My skin was still very dry when I purchased the samples and I decided to give them a go while I was at Uni. I absolutely LOVED them and rambled on and on to my boyfriend about how much better my skin was. I no longer had to use really greasy or moisture- lacking moisturisers in order to get the slightest bit of moisture into my skin. The global protection moisturiser soaks straight in and leaves my skin incredibly soft. My skin didn't react to the cleanser and although I didn't see any vast improvements with the eye gel I still enjoyed using it. The samples lasted me ages, a little goes a very long way with these products.

When these samples eventually began to run out, I knew I really loved the moisturiser in particular. However, after doing a little research I couldn't find anywhere to buy a new one that I could even slightly afford. The price tag for a Global Protection Face Cream 50ml as far as I could find was £27! The improvement it made in my skin was very noticeable and I was much more comfortable. My boyfriend was very lovely and purchased me a tube for Valentines day. I am still getting through that tube around 9 months after I started it, even after using the product every day and some nights. As I said it lasts ages and the pump inside the tube pushes every last drop of the product to the top.

Recently I was looking online to see if there was somewhere I could get a new tube as mine was beginning to run low. I hoped I would find it on offer somewhere but instead I found that the price tag for the cream was the same and I was gutted.

However, on further inspection I found that ASOS sell a REN gift set of their sensitive products on their site for £32.00 with free delivery (currently £27 on Marks and Spencer's website- this does not include the £3.50 delivery though)!! This gift set came in a lovely decorative tin and included a 50ml Global Protection Day Cream, 50ml Cleansing Milk, 15ml Night Cream and a 10ml Omega 3 skin serum oil (pictured above). I was so chuffed when it arrived!

I know that £32 is still a lot of money, but I got four products (two of which I already loved) in this set for just £5 more than I was going to have to pay for a single tube of day cream. Although I am not one to spend a lot of money on make up or beauty products, I have found that spending a little extra on skincare has benefited my skin enormously. I have gone through tonnes of cheaper moisturisers, a good one I found was Superdrug's Pure Light Moisturiser for sensitive skin. However, I found that this moisturiser was incredibly greasy which is fine if you have the time to let it soak in but sometimes you don't, and don't want to risk leaving the house looking like a well- oiled seal.

Here are some brief descriptions of the products I have used from the set so far;
  • The Global Protection Day Cream 50ml is my favourite product from this set, it is my every day moisturiser and it leaves my skin moisturised and glowing. It soaks in quickly which means I don't have to worry about it being greasy and it is quick and easy to apply. It has a very subtle clean scent and is a lovely product. It is also a pure product, free of silicones and parabens and all of those bad things. On it's own from ASOS, a single 50ml tube of this product is £27.
  • The Cleansing Milk 50ml is a lovely cleanser suitable for sensitive skin. It's easy to use, just gently massage onto your face and wash off with warm water. I tend to use the day cream after using this product to ensure my skin is moisturised and I think they work really well together. None of these products have a particularly strong scent. This cleanser is also free of all the bad stuff and on it's own, a 150ml tube is £16 on ASOS.
  • The Night Cream 15ml I was really excited to try as it was completely new to me, it's much the same texture as the day cream except it has a slightly more yellow colour. It was very moisturising and had a similar subtle scent like the other two products. On it's own from ASOS for a 50ml tube, this product is £32.
  • Finally, the Omega 3 Optimum Skin Oil 10ml was a completely new concept for me. I have never used a skin oil before and so was a little scared to try this product. It has a little spray nozzle on the top and the oil comes out as a very thin liquid. I applied this to my face before I went to bed and woke up with lovely, moisturised, radiant skin. I think I still prefer using a cream to an oil if I'm honest, but I did still enjoy using this product. A 30ml tube of this oil on it's own on ASOS is £23.
All in all I am very happy with this set, £32 for four very lovely products that I will use over and over again. I think this set would make an amazing Christmas present too if this is within your Christmas budget (although I know it's fairly pricey). As I found out, this set is just as lovely as a gift to yourself if you were looking for some new skincare products to try out or were just not willing to pay nearly £30 for just one product.

I also think it's DEFINITELY worth keeping an eye out for samples in magazines, I also tried the REN Hot Cloth Cleanser sample from a magazine and loved this product. I can't believe how long the REN products last, that cleanser kept me going for ages. It was also fine with my sensitive skin. Magazine samples are a great, cheaper way to try out new products rather than taking the risk and forking out for a full size product. I found an amazing blog a while ago that posted about all the free samples in all magazines that season and listed the best, I can't find it at the moment but I hope to re-discover it soon as it was such a good idea. 

I hope this post was useful, let me know if you have found a cheaper alternative to REN or if you have found a really good sample from a magazine!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment