Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Rimmel London Salon Pro- '402 Urban Purple'

Hello!

I am excited to be making my first proper blog post! This one will be focused on one particular beauty product, my new favourite nail colour '402 Urban Purple' by Rimmel London. 
Having recently seen a blog post by Lily Pebbles on NARS 'Fearless' nail polish, I was determined to find a cheaper alternative as I loved the colour but couldn't afford the £14.50 price tag. I stumbled across this colour a while ago in Boots and loved it. I knew I liked the Rimmel Salon Pro range too having tried the colour 'Soul Session' in the past, but decided to have a little look online first to see if I could find pictures Urban Purple being worn before I purchased it. 

I still loved the colour after a little research and found it again in Superdrug for £4.49 and it was also on on 3 for 2, which is an offer Superdrug quite often have on their products. I had a couple of other bits I wanted to try; Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick 107 (£5.49) and Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory (£5.49), so I ended up going for it as I don't very often buy make up and I had heard good things about all three. The Rimmel nail polish turned out to be the cheapest product at £4.49 so I ended up getting it 'free'!

Although I'm not great at doing my nails (as you can probably tell), I loved the colour on as it's a deep pinky purple shade which is one of my favourite colours. I thought the consistency was great and it dried nicely! I think I do still prefer the consistency and finish of the Barry M nail varnishes, a particular favourite being 'Raspberry'.

I have just started a new part- time job that involves a lot of lifting stock and using my hands, but the nail varnish lasted around a week without really chipping so I was really impressed. I did also use a base and top coat which is also Rimmel (I can see a theme in this post) and it's the Nail Nurse base and top coat. I really like this product too as it makes my nails less dry after painting them and makes my nail polish last ages.

I think the deep colour of the Rimmel Urban Purple nail polish is great for Autumn/ Winter and I will carry on using it and loving it! I hope this post has been useful for you if you are looking for a new nail colour for Autumn or if you just fancied trying this polish out!


Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment